As a small, grassroots organization, the Jewish Community Against Sex Trafficking (JCAST) Chicago is grateful to the many college and graduate student interns who have expanded and enhanced our work. We welcome your efforts. Here is a list of potential activities and objectives you can achieve by partnering with us:
- Conduct outreach to faith-based and secular organizations.
- Contribute to social media.
- Help plan and co-execute educational programs, including Speakers’ Bureau training.
- Research and track local, state and federal bills, regulations, policies and legislation.
- Partner with other organizations and lay leaders working with Evanston leaders to create the first sex traffic free municipality in Illinois
- With the help of staff, create and post action alerts and monthly newsletter for JCAST Chicago list-serv.
- Co-Write letters to and Op-Ed pieces for local newspapers.
- Plan and implement visits for members with local, state and federal elected officials.
- Research existing anti-sex trafficking laws, legislation and task force activities, as well as other organizations in Illinois and across the county.
- Conduct evaluation of JCAST Chicago programs and the organization as a whole using survey monkey, key informant interviews, and participant interviews.
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare summaries for E-News and staff.
- Assist with writing of grant applications.
Location, Days & Hours:
Location is off-site with regular phone/in person meetings. Time commitment is 10 hours per week. Start date is flexible, with length of service TBD based on student availability. Organization may have second intern and opportunity to partner. Stipend available, amount TBD.
To learn more contact Gayle at firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you!